Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Advanced Practitioner will partner with the St. Luke's Physicians to provide high quality, cost effective medical care. This individual will also participate in quality, patient satisfaction and performance improvement initiatives.
This is a per diem position to cover the inpatient acute pain service.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in conjunction with Physicians to care for medical patients as requested.
- Performs history and physical examination of all patients seen. Provides primary care consultations on all patients as requested by other physicians.
- Round at least daily on all assigned patients.
- Provide cost effective, high quality care based on best practice evidenced based medicine.
- Make best efforts to adhere to standardized orders and practice guidelines that have been approved by the medical staff.
- Provide regular, timely, and appropriate communication with referring physicians, patients and their families.
- Participates in education of patients and their families.
- Actively develops care plans and discharge dispositions in conjunction with the Case Management team.
- Complies with established chain of command for work related problems.
- Participates in regular meetings of the practice group.
- Remain current with Medical Records documentation and respond in a timely manner to requests for chart review and completion.
- Submit timely and accurate billing information.
- Attends appropriate continuing medical education so as to maintain Pennsylvania Licensure.
- Demonstrates ability to develop effective working relationships within the hospital and St. Luke's Health Network.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to 5 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Standing for up to 5 hours per day, 2 hours at a time. Walking for up to 3 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Fingering and handling small objects frequently. Twisting and turning of hand occasionally. Consistently lift, carry, and push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to 250 lbs via wheel chair or stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as is relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner or Medical Physician Assistant with current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania. Physician Assistants must also have a current certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years experience desired, preferably in Inpatient Acute Pain. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!