Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full - Time: 40 Hours Per Week
Variable Shift: Monday - Tuesday - Thursday until 7pm
Flexible Hours Non-IOP Days
Location: Akron - Onsite Position
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus w/2-Year Commitment
The Substance Use and Mental Health Therapist is proficient in applying graduate-level counseling skills to the diagnostic assessment of individuals, as well as individual therapy. The Mental Health Therapist is also proficient in care coordination/case management. This position is primarily group (IOP) therapy but carrying a small outpatient caseload.
- Conducts initial patient comprehensive substance use and mental health psychosocial assessment, including the patient and family.
- Conducts individual therapy sessions utilizing Cognitive Behavior Therapy and other evidenced based practices such as Motivational Interviewing to treatment patients with co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders. Includes family in therapy sessions and provides behavior modification techniques as needed.
- Implement and conduct group therapy sessions utilizing Cognitive Behavior Therapy and other evidenced based practices such as Motivational Interviewing to treatment adolescent patients with co-occurring substance use and mental health disorder at the Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Level of Care.
- Communicates with staff regarding assessment, treatment and interdisciplinary care plan through case consultation and documentation.
- Is proficient and timely in documentation.
- Provides case management to collaborate with community and hospital resources as needed.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in EPIC, or similar electronic medical records system is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Master's Degree in Social Work, a Master's Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is required.
- Certification: Licensed Independent Social Worker or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor is preferred. Licensed Professional Counselor may be considered. Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: