Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Mental Health/Social Services
Provides comprehensive Social Work services for pediatric patients in the emergency department and the inpatient population, covering overnight hours. This positions interfaces with some of the most vulnerable patients treated in a level one trauma center and collaborates with community agencies and the multidisciplinary health care team.
Provide services in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines established within the department, organization, and regulatory bodies.
- Manage complex assessments of the patient/family's biopsychosocial situation establishes goals and periodically re-assesses.
- Provide crisis intervention services were indicated for the management of domestic violence, psychiatric emergency cases, child abuse, family disputes, and medical traumas
- Provide therapeutic, goal directed counseling. Exhibit necessary clinical skills to provide problem focused goal directed intervention.
- Interface with insurance providers, case managers and others involved in the authorization of needed patient services. Identifies and negotiates differing needs within the family system.
- Coordinate discharge planning needs of patients and their families in an efficient, effective, and timely manner while including the family in the process.
- Document social work notes in the patient medical record within the guidelines of the Department policy.
- Keep appraised of community resources and provide resource specific information to the assessed needs.
- Maintain a professional manner at all times with staff and family.
- Master's degree in social work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- LMSW/LCSW licensure in the state of Delaware required
- 6 months experience