Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this function is responsible for developing and implementing the outpatient diabetes program for Optum.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate our company's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Prioritizes patient care needs upon initial visit and addresses emerging issues
- Meets with patients, patients’ family and caregivers as needed to discuss care and treatment plan
- Identifies and assists with the follow-up of high-risk patients in acute care settings, skilled nursing facilities, custodial and ambulatory settings
- Consults with physician and other team members to ensure that care plan is successfully implemented
- Coordinates treatment plans with the care team and triages interventions appropriate to the skill set of the team members
- Uses protocols and pathways in line with established disease management and care management programs and approved by medical management in order to optimize clinical outcomes
- Monitors and coaches patients using techniques of motivational interviewing and behavioral change to maximize self-management
- Oversees provisions for discharge from facilities including follow-up appointments, home health, social services, transportation, etc., in order to maintain continuity of care
- Works in coordination with the care team and demonstrates accountability with patient management and outcome
- Discusses Durable Power of Attorney (DPoA) and advanced directive status with PCP when applicable
- Maintains effective communication with the physicians, hospitalists, extended care facilities, patients and families
- Provides accurate information to patients and families regarding HMO benefits, community resources, referrals and other related issues
- Participates actively in assigned Care Management Coordination Committee (CMCC) meetings
- Documents pertinent patient information and Care Management Plan in Electronic Health Record and Care Management Systems as appropriate
- Coordinates care with central departments on assigned patient caseload, including out-of-area, inpatient central and transplant
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures as approved by Office of the Medical Director (OMD) Quality Committee
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse license through the State of California
- 1+ years of experience in a clinical setting
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, BSN
- Telehealth certification
- 3+ years of experience working in acute care
- 1+ years care management, utilization review or discharge planning experience
- HMO Experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.