All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part time
Shift: Day Shift
The community you’ll be caring for:
AdventHealth Fish Memorial
1055 Saxon BLVD, Orange City, 32763
The role you’ll contribute:
Responsible for assessment, plan, intervention and evaluation of acute and rehabilitative care and education for patients/family with urinary and/or fecal diversions, pressure ulcers, fistulas, wounds, drains and incontinence. The CWOCN (Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse), CWON (Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse) has an educator role, consultant role, and advocacy role for patients, families, nursing staff, physicians, other health care professionals and the community in addition to an administrative and research role. Provides optimum care and education to patients from adolescence through geriatric age. Requires travel between multiple hospitals and scheduled community outreach events.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Uses comprehensive understanding of wound, ostomy and continence anatomy and physiology and continuum of care defined by the National CWOCN Standards.
o Recommends and develops protocols and clinical pathways to ensure quality WOC care, including prevention of pressure ulcers.
· Intermittently works with medical staff, Nurse Managers, nursing staff, dietitians and case managers in multiple hospitals to facilitate and provide basic WOC care and education for inpatients.
· Works with medical staff to provide comprehensive WOC care and education for referred outpatients.
· Conducts initial assessment and reassessment of patient/family's WOC needs and develops a specific plan of care to meet those needs.
o Revises plan of care as indicated by the patient's response; evaluates overall plan for effectiveness in achieving established goals and optimal outcome.
o Utilizes and coordinates resources to provide appropriate continuum of care for the patient/family.
o Demonstrates appropriate and age-related assessment and intervention.
o Completes required documentation as needed for timely and accurate patient registration and service charges
o Completes documentation in the patient's medical record according to department and Clinical Services standards.
· Provides dynamic one-on-one instruction and group instruction as needed.
o Coordinates, conducts and facilitates group meetings
o Obtains information and continuing education necessary to provide current WOC care and education.
o Provides in-services and continuing education programs to meet identified/justified needs.
· Develops, reviews and revises departmental and Clinical Services WOC policies and protocols on an annual basis or as needed to provide current and accurate information.
o Able to perform computer skills required for program development, revisions and communication.
· Actively participates in the value analysis of WOC products and supplies used by FHMMC.
o Participates in community outreach events as defined by department.
o Markets WOC services to the medical community and community at large.
o Provides professional expertise to other members of the department, skin/wound team, nursing staff, other health professionals and community.
· Assumes office responsibilities as needed.
o Provides timely and accurate responses to telephone calls from patients/family and other health professionals.
o Understands and utilizes appropriate patient referral, scheduling and appointment processes in the department.
o Adequately maintains supplies for teaching, patient care and office needs.
o Other duties as assigned.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor degree in Nursing preferred or meets requirements of admission to CWOCN Education Program.
· Minimum of 4 years clinical nursing experience.
· Strong presentation skills and interpersonal skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Wound, Ostomy, Continence clinical experience is preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.