MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. In 2019, MetroWest Medical Center achieved the Healthgrades America s 100 Best Hospitals Award . This distinction makes MetroWest Medical Center one of the top 2% of more than 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance as measured by Healthgrades, a leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Activates a process for each patient and uses a case management plan in managing care consistent with predetermined financial and quality outcomes, in collaboration with physicians and other healthcare members and payors.
2. Establishes collaborative practices with nursing, physicians, and health care professionals regarding plan of care, variances in plan implementation, and outcomes or expected outcomes.
3. Assesses, gathers information on physical, psychosocial, spiritual functioning, coping abilities, available resources, and support systems. Identifies potential or actual health problems, establishes nursing diagnosis, formulates plan and nursing intervention during inpatient stay, and plans for discharge. Facilitates transition of care to appropriate level of care and facility.
4. Manages and/or delegates care for case load during the patient health care continuum or episode of care. Facilitates communication with all departments. Collaborates for timely outcomes; prevents duplication and fragmentation of services. Assesses educational needs of staff and provides appropriate education.
5. Is responsible for internal and external patient care standards. Identifies and documents incidents that may affect quality of care. Tracks and reports on variances to department. Maintains documentation of case management activities, plans, and outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE , AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: 1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a BSN. Current licensure to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. 2. Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in acute care, community nursing, and utilization review or related area.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Patient care environment.Prolonged standing and walking. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities and working conditions associated with the job.
Candidates must have a current license in Massachusetts and a BSN degree preferred.
Job: Case Management/Home Health
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005030730
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.