Location Address:2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. M-F.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Schedules surgeries with physicians and physician office staff by phone and fax method. Maintains and records usage of surgeon block time.
· Prepares the advance surgical schedule. Scrutinizes the tentative schedules and contacts Team Leader, Charge Nurse, Admissions, surgeons, etc. and reviews other information that affects administration of schedule.
· Appropriately consults with Director, Nurse Manager, Lead RN, Charge Nurse, and anesthesia staff regarding schedule conflicts, concerns or requests that fall outside of established policy. Seeks input from Team Leaders regarding scheduling constraints and preferences of equipment, instruments and implants, etc. Flags all special needs.
· Calls designated departments with information for add-on cases if patients are not yet admitted to the hospital. Prepares and sends reservations for each case scheduled to designated departments within established timeframes.
· Consistently maintains and improves skills such as telephone etiquette, typing accuracy/speed, and communications.
· Responds to multiple inquiries from telephone, intercom and direct communication regarding scheduling of surgery and the main operating room suite. Occasionally communicates with the patients and/or patient’s families by phone.
· Determines the case time and balances the surgical schedule as to times anesthesia and rooms are available. Generates user-defined reports daily for effective management of tool conflicts.
· Maintains surgeons’ credentials file in conjunction with Medstaff department.
· Maintain profession, open and timely communication with case management to ensure all authorizations obtained.
· Fulfills Unit Secretary role as needed.
· Assists with orientation of staff members as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Internet skills.
· Ability to deal effectively with the public.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to work and willingness to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays etc.
· Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Cerner experience
· Microsoft Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent upon hire
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Five years of experience
· College courses in accounting, computer operations, and communications
· Previous experience in a medical setting, i.e. physician office, hospital, etc.
· Previous experience with Cerner
· Previous OR scheduling experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
· Nicotine Policy
· Flu Vaccination Policy
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
Under the general direction of the Director of Surgical Services or Team Leaders the Scheduler participates in the functions and daily activities of the departments. Works in collaboration with physicians, their office personnel, hospital personnel and operating room staff. Checks and implements the scheduling parameters, accurately following established guidelines of the operating room.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.