Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner Hospice and Palliative Care is a fully integrated provider of high-quality, compassionate advanced illness and end-of-life care serving patients across the Metro Phoenix area and in Northern Colorado. Banner Hospice is ranked among the Top 100 U.S. Hospice providers. Banner Palliative Care and Hospice consistently outperforms the national benchmarks and other regional hospice agencies in the CMS Hospice Quality Reporting Program publicly reported metrics. We are interconnected across the Banner Health system serving as Banner's advanced illness resource partner to our hospitals, clinics, health plans, and other service lines. Banner Palliative Care and Hospice is proud to provide medical care lead by a team comprised entirely of physicians board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
As an RN Clinical Alignment Specialist at Banner Hospice, you will have the privilege of utilizing appropriate resources to collaborate and educate families and hospital discharge planning services about Banner Hospice. A team devoted to build a successful transition program and provide comfort to patients at the end of their lives. The position will be housed inside Banner facilities in East Valley.
Ranked in the top 25 percent of all home care agencies in the United States, Banner Home Care is the largest nonprofit, free-standing home care agency in Arizona. We provide intermittent health care for patients of all ages in the comfort of their home. Our home care team is experienced, compassionate and professional, and the results prove that Banner Home Care measures better than the national and Arizona average in almost all Medicare Quality Compare patient satisfaction results. Banner Hospice have been providing comfort care for the past 10 years in the Phoenix Metro area. The goal is to support quality of life, honor the wishes of patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process. Inpatient Home care is also available for respite care and symptom management. The Banner Hospice Team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful help and by creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing ongoing information on Banner Homecare services and referral coordination for assigned program(s) and facilities.. Upon receipt of a referral, meets with patient/family, completes assessment, determines patient needs and assists with correct patient alignment of post-acute services. Assists branch operations in clinical coordination and communication with referral sources. Works in collaboration with Banner Homecare Admission Teams to facilitate timely admissions and further develop key accounts. Must have strong knowledge of governmental regulations, Medicare eligibility requirements, comprehensive understanding of potential care plan needs for the patient and coordination of necessary resources.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Develops and maintains contact with key hospital, skilled nursing, assisted living facility, discharge planning services, case management and clinical staff to provide ongoing updates on Banner Homecare services available in the market. Increase admissions within the assigned accounts and meets or exceeds targets.
2. Develops a Homecare presence within facilities. Provides education and/or continuing education programs for referral sources within guidelines of facility and company policy. Utilizes appropriate company resources to maintain and develop business opportunities. Maintains market awareness and prepares competitive updates as directed.
3. Maintains positive relationships with referral sources, facilitates communication between referral sources, patient and family populations within assigned accounts, and attends professional organization meetings as approved. Maintains and follows patients while in the facility.
4. Functions as liaison between referral source and Banner Homecare. Assesses needs of patient/family, assuring that clinical alignment is appropriate and securing appropriate post-acute resources.
5. For patients deemed appropriate for hospice, may conduct a full assessment and, if appropriate, inpatient admission according to the established protocol.
6. Ensures effective communication and collaboration with program staff and actively participates in weekly program business development meetings. Brings relevant data, reports, as well as information regarding changes within accounts and referral sources. Assists with new staff orientation and physician orientation program as directed.
7. Demonstrates competent professional practice, and engages in opportunities for professional growth. Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities.
8. Works independently under general supervision. The position's customers are internal and external - Internal: Department Directors and other managers and staff involved with assigned program(s); External: physicians, physician offices, social workers, community-based organizations, and, in general, anyone who might refer a patient to the assigned program(s). This position requires making decisions related to patient care coordination throughout various facilities and with various specialty practices.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care as normally obtained through the completion of a degree in nursing, healthcare or related field.
Requires a current, valid RN license in state of practice
This position requires the skills, knowledge and abilities in healthcare services sales and marketing typically acquired over three or more years of related sales experience and education. The work requires a high degree of organization, the ability to manage time and resources effectively, and the self-starter ability to work independently to achieve goals. Effective negotiation, conflict management, customer service and interpersonal relations skills are necessary. The ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and through common computer software is required. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred. C.H.P.N certification is highly desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R23965
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.