Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner Academy is a private day school for students who are emotionally fragile, learning disabled, and high functioning on the autism spectrum. We have students in grades 4 through 12 in the school and operate five classrooms. Very low teacher to student ratio. This environment is a structured, individualized, yet nurturing, and therapeutic school environment that focuses on academics as well as teaching social skills and life skills.
As Principle you will manage and direct personnel, operations and all functions of the education center. Responsible for all personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, coaching, development, and performance evaluations. This role will be responsible to grow enrollment, market the school in the community, represent and increase awareness of the school.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides oversight, direction and leadership of the education center for students with emotional and learning challenges. Responsible for the design and implementation of academic and therapeutic programs. Ensures that the education program meets all standards and guidelines set forth by the school district, state, and other accrediting organizations.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Manages and directs day to day operations and functioning of the education center. Responsible for all personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, coaching, development, and performance evaluations.
2. Ensures the education center's compliance with all the standards of the North Central Accreditation and Arizona Department of Education. Facilitates communication and meeting with various agencies as needed.
3. Markets and promotes services in order to serve school districts, placement agencies and private payers by facilitating meetings, tours, phone conversations, and communications.
4. Trains, monitors, and evaluates staff in the following: brief assessment, educational and behavioral strategies, case management of students, curriculum development and teaching of life skills.
5. Plans, monitors, and manages the education center's budget. Negotiates contracts with school districts, placing agencies and private placements. Responsible for attending communication and planning meetings, coordinating with other facility staff and corporate staff and completing subsequent assignments.
6. Develops curriculum and plans lessons as needed. Performs student assessments, report writing and advisement functions. Substitutes for absent staff.
7. This position oversees the operations and educational services provided by the education center. Interacts with all disciplines within the facility including family therapists, case managers and adjunctive therapies. Outside the facility, interacts with case managers, probation officers, school psychologists, school counselors, school teachers, public school officials, officials from other treatment facilities, state/federal agencies and parents of students.
Master's degree in Education or related field.
Must hold either a state-issued principal certification or be certified in special education . Must also be certified by the state to teach a content area at the middle and high school levels.
This position requires 5+ years of significant experience with developing, teaching and coordinating educational programs in special education. Must have completed an internship in secondary or special education. Requires knowledge of child and adolescent development, behavioral modification, and cognitive restructuring. Must possess strong organization and critical thinking skills with ability to prioritize. Excellent verbal/written communication and negotiation skills; problem solving ability, understanding of regulatory standards and guidelines.
May be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy . Employees working at Banner Academy must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment
Special Education Cross-Categorical Certificate Grades K-12
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19764
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.