A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
As an I-9 Compliance Specialist , you will be responsible for ensuring confidentiality, accuracy, maintenance and storage of Employee Eligibility Verification data. You will also be in charge of auditing the I-9 forms and supporting documents to ensure compliance with USCIS and E-Verify regulations.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is the subject matter expert responsible for creating and maintaining employee records and managing transactions throughout the employment lifecycle. Provides excellent frontline customer service to all internal and external contacts to the HR Resource Center. First point of contact for Benefits, Payroll, Recruitment, HR, Employee Relations, Records Requests, and HR Technology inquiries. Answers, triages issues as appropriate and ensures checks and balances on actions being processed in HR systems.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Generates new and maintains existing employee records in Human Resources systems. Monitors data feeds and ensures records accuracy. Reviews documentation to assure proper policy application and regulatory compliance related to maintenance of employee records.
2. Provide outstanding customer service to system-wide employees with HR inquiries. Handle sensitive employee situations that may involve complex triage and de-escalation of upset/angry/disgruntled callers. Work with leadership on resolution. Direct non-Banner callers such as candidates, patients, vendors to appropriate resources.
3. Research and analyze complex employee record and pay issues, work with Payroll, Benefit Operations and other departments as needed to resolve in a timely manner. Assist with verifications of employment, I-9 compliance.
4. Create detailed cases in case management system, manage through to closure, escalating as needed with leadership.
5. Verifies completion and confirms proper approvals to process employee transactions such as performance reviews, transfers, terminations, exceptions to pay, promotions, demotions, status changes, retroactive calculations and payment authorizations/requests/incentive collections. Reviews input to ensure entries are correct and comply with policy. Troubleshoot tax exemption questions, researches and resolves other issues related to employee pay.
6. Audits data input into Human Resources systems, investigates and researches errors and follows through with appropriate corrections to assure data accuracy and policy and legal compliance. Process and ensure compliance for leaves of absence, reductions in force, severance, career transition employees and other HR programs and projects as appropriate. Identifies trends or patterns in usage and errors and works with system and HR staff to review and resolve.
7. Provide continuous training, guidance and navigation support to employees, leaders, physicians, temporary staff/contractors on HR system and related software, leader self-service transactions and other items as needed.
8. Serves as employee records subject matter expert on projects and new system development and implementations including testing, enhancement recommendations, and training as needed for new users. Ensures operational compliance with applicable Federal and State laws and regulations. Coordinates the release of employee information. Interacts with advisory services, legal and any other appropriate departments to ensure requested information is accurate and appropriate for release.
9. This position accepts ownership for provision of data and information support to Human Resources leadership. Ensures policy and regulatory compliance by providing reliable, accurate and timely employee data. Customers include employees, managers, and other Human Resources team members.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
2-3 years of experience ensuring data accuracy as an Information Specialist or related position. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, proactive mind-set and ability to multi-task. Outstanding customer service skills, ability to remain calm under pressure and to handle confidential information appropriately. Basic knowledge and understanding of Human Resources and related functions including, but not limited to, payroll, benefits and compensation.
Experience processing transactions in an HR system, preferably an Infor/Lawson system. Associate's degree preferred. Knowledge and/or exposure to recruiting, applicant tracking, recruiting or other areas of Human Resources.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12340
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.