Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Family Community Medicine is one of the largest departments at Banner with many family medicine clinics across town. This position would be housed at one of the two largest hubs for FCM located at south campus in the Abrams building in an outpatient setting. With the current market shifting away from simply case management toward a more holistic view of care, our Wellness Coaches will not only be able to coordinate care, but will directly work with their patients in multiple spheres of wellness.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in care coordination, have a extensive knowledge of community resources, and have clinical experience and a heavy wellness orientation to include stress and anxiety management, wellness coaching, nutrition, and physical wellness knowledge. In this role you will provide support to the wellness coach, therapists or other behavioral health staff. You are the ear and the administrative assistance for community resources. This position will be Monday through Friday with normal business hours. Peer support certification required.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports the smooth, timely, and coordinated client transition from hospital care to alternative levels of care including but not limited to post-acute settings, community services, or physician offices as directed by the care coordination team. This position assists patients to enhance their recovery and help promote client wellness and self-direction in the community. This position advocates for and obtains necessary program support and services for patients to provide timely interventions, address unmet needs, and reduce the risk of hospitalizations and/or crisis situations. This position will also provide support to patients to effectively navigate the behavioral health system and assist in providing skills training and personal assistance to empower patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Works with the patient to coordinate transition out of a care setting in order to obtain appropriate services and benefits as directed by the care coordination team. This may include assisting patients in accessing and maintaining needed services in order to support patients' community integration efforts and individual treatment plan, entering and tracking referrals, arranging transportation, making and confirming follow-up appointments, obtaining medication lists, test results, and other patient related duties as designated.
2. Relates own recovery process in a positive and supportive manner through coaching and role modeling to assist patients in skill development.
3. Performs transfer of accurate, pertinent patient information between all appropriate entities of the acute and post-acute care continuum. Performs follow-up calls to patients and providers regarding their experience with Banner; documenting findings and reporting any concerns or dissatisfaction to leadership for follow-up, issue resolution and data collection.
4. Attends and participates in team meetings, clinical staffing (as needed), court hearings, and other meetings relevant to meeting the treatment needs of patients.
5. Completes progress notes, other patient record documents and writes comprehensive and timely reports in accordance with Banner policy and funding source guidelines.
6. May help coordinate and lead support groups and activities that help to improve life skills, social skills, and teach behavior management cues in group settings or individually as assigned.
7. Works with patient and in some cases family, clinical team, and others in order to identify unmet needs and necessary community or family support, programs and services. May enhance the individualized treatment plan based on patient's needs, cultural preferences, circumstances, and diagnosis. Helps patients to navigate community resources.
8. Completes all required training by Banner Health or as requested by supervisor and participates in individual and team clinical supervision.
9. Works under general supervision of either BUMG Whole Health Clinic for ED services and BUMC-S Case Management for inpatient services. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing staff and other staff, medical staff, and all other members of assigned facility interdisciplinary behavioral health care team. External customers: behavioral health agencies, insurance providers, Behavioral Health Inpatient Facilities, Behavioral Health Residential Facilities Intervention Crisis Response Center, law enforcement, volunteer agencies, county/governmental agencies and others as required.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires current certification as a Recovery Support Specialist.
Familiar with behavioral health community resources and is able to appropriately interact with individuals who have a range of mental disorders.
Employees working at the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree and at least one year of full time behavioral health experience or has an Associate's degree and at least two years of full time behavioral health work experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R622
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.