Care Manager, RN - ED/Observation - AdventHealth Winter Park
Location Address: 201 NORTH LAKEMONT AVENUE
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Winter Park
Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
* Full Time, Varies
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Uses established medical necessity criteria as described by policy to conduct screening for medically appropriate admissions. Escalates cases as appropriate to Care Management Director/Manager. Utilizes information obtained from information systems to accurately assess patient clinical needs and treatment if available and appropriate.
* Provides updates to the ED and/or Observation clinical team regarding Care Management involvement with the patient during the patient's visit.
* Works as a resource to the ED and/or Observation clinical team as needed.
* Acts as a resource and provides staff and physician education related to resource utilization, medical necessity, and federal regulation and guidelines.
* Works with the ED and/or Observation team to achieve optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transition, patient satisfaction, and patient safety.
* Communicates effectively with physicians to obtain necessary information to complete all medical necessity reviews as required to prevent unnecessary delays and denials of service.
WhatYou Will Need:
Three years recent acute care experience
Associate Degree in Nursing
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Superior clinical skills to determine appropriate clinical and other information for medical necessity reviews and identify appropriate mechanism to address delays or variation for expected care practices (Preferred)
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (Preferred)
Minimum of two years of experience in the ED (Preferred)
Minimum of two years of utilization review/case management experience and a minimum of one year of experience in discharge planning in an acute care setting (Preferred)
Case Management certification- ACM (Accredited Case Manager), CCM (Certified Case Manager), RN-BC (Board Certified in Case Management) (Preferred)
Under general supervision of the Director and/or Manager of Care Management, in collaboration with the patient/family, social workers, physicians and interdisciplinary team, the ED/Observation RN Care Manager provides guidance regarding admissions. The ED/Observation RN Care Manager, in a team approach with the ED Social Worker/ED staff, assists with identification of readmissions, patients with potential needs for community resources or potential post-acute needs. The ED/Observation RN Care Manager complies with Care Management departmental goals, objectives, and policies and procedures, and supports the AdventHealth mission. The ED/Observation RN Care Manager actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.