serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
* Full Time, M-F 8am-5pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Coordinates the integration of social services/case management functions into the patient care, discharge planning processes in collaboration with other hospital departments, external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities.
* Performs initial case management assessment to determine care coordination and discharge planning needs. Conducts admission and concurrent medical record review using specific indicators and criteria in accordance with regulatory and contractual requirements as well as internal policy. Uses established medically necessity criteria as described by policy to conduct screening for appropriate-ness of admission (IP verses observation) and continued stay for intensity of service/severity of illness. Escalates cases as appropriate and per policy to Physician Advisor and Director. Collaborates with Bed Management to ensure appropriate bed placement based on level of care. Assimilates information obtained from information systems, service schedules, registration area, Bed Management, clinics, other facilities, and insurance companies to accurately assess patient clinical needs and treatment.
* Acts as patient advocate by negotiating for, and coordinating resources with payers, agencies and vendors during inpatient and transition phases.
* Identifies and communicates quality and risk issues to the appropriate staff/departments in a timely manner.
* Acts as a resource and provides staff and physician education related to resource utilization, discharge planning and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associates Degree in Nursing
Minimum of two years' recent acute care experience
Minimum of an additional two years' experience in healthcare related fields
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
Master's degree in Nursing
Minimum of two years of utilization review/case management experience and a minimum of one year of experience in discharge planning in an acute care setting highly desirable.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
Case Management certification highly desirable - ACM (Accredited Case Manager), CCM (Certified Case Manager), RN-BC (Board Certified in Case Management)
Under general supervision of the Director and/or Manager of Case Management, in collaboration with the patient/family, social workers, physicians and interdisciplinary team, the RN Case Manager ensures patient progression through the continuum of care in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The RN case manager is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety and length of stay management. Support and expertise are provided through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Care coordination, utilization review and management, as well as discharge planning are accountabilities of this role. Education is provided to physicians and other members of the team on the issues related to utilization review including inappropriate admissions and placements. Payer-based requests regarding individual members are fulfilled, where appropriate and pertinent. The Case Manager adheres to departmental and organizational goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures, continually ensuring quality patient care and regulatory compliance. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.