The individual in this position is responsible to facilitate care along a continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patientï¿½s resources and right to self-determination. The individual in this position has overall responsibility to ensure staff assess patients for transition needs to promote timely throughput, safe discharge and prevent avoidable readmissions. This position integrates national standards for case management scope of services including:
Provides assistance to the Director of Case Management in the management of the department, but not limited to, hiring/training/managing staff, schedule coordination, analysis and reporting, interfacing, collaborating and working closely with the other departments
Utilization Management supporting appropriate use of resources
Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention and patient satisfaction
Care Coordination by demonstrating efficient throughput while assuring care is sequenced and at the appropriate level of care
Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements including state psychiatric holds (Baker Act, 5150, etc.), TJC accreditation standards and Tenet policy
Provides education to physicians, patients, families and caregivers
1. Master's degree in Social Work from a college or university social work program approved by the Michigan Board of Social Work and accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. Current license as a Licensed Master's Social Worker in the State of Michigan.
3. Three years of Social Work experience, preferably in a hospital setting. Previous experience with the targeted patient population is preferred.
4. One to two years supervisory/management experience is strongly preferred.
5. Accredited Case Manager (ACM) preferred.
6. Must complete and demonstrate competency in using the Tenet Case Management documentation system within 30 days of hire. Attendance at hospital and department orientation is required. Department orientation includes review and instruction regarding Tenet Case Management and Compliance policies, Transition Management, Utilization Management, and other topics specific to case management and social work services.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905022818
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.