Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
UHS built an impressive record of achievement and performance, steadily growing from a startup company with zero revenue into a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenue that exceeds 8 billion. The company's operating philosophy has proven to be effective: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations with over 74,000 employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.
University Behavioral Center, a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), is committed to providing intensive mental health services to children, adolescents and adults as well as detox and substance abuse programs for adults. Our mental health facility provides safe and effective inpatient treatment to assist individuals in leading more productive and fulfilling lives. The facility is located on a beautiful 14-acre campus in Orlando, Florida, and includes 112 licensed beds.
Position Summary:Provides nursing services to individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorders.Â Engages in clinical nursing assessment and problem identification, crisis intervention, case management, and individual, family and group therapy. Range of clinical nursing practice includes personal care services, monitoring and reporting findings, medication administration and monitoring, client teaching and health education, emergency intervention, and other nursing services within professional scope of practice. Coordinates medical care and intervention with program staff and psychiatrist.Â This is a full time position (12 hours shift) 7:00 am-7:00 pm.
1. Responsible for nursing care based on the nursing process and in compliance with facility policies and procedures.
2. Monitors, reports, and documents the residents' behavior and physiological status.
3. Administers medications and performs treatments/procedures in compliance with facility and nursing services, policies, and procedures.
4. Guides the response to residents who are behaviorally out of control or who may be experiencing a medical or behavioral crisis in collaboration with the nurse manager and physician.
5. Reports accurately and concisely to oncoming shifts regarding conditions of residents.